Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hello! and Welcome



An old song by Jimmy Durante ends with a phrase I love:

Make someone happy,
Make just one someone happy,
And you will be happy, too.

Throwing parties and planning special events are some of the ways I have found to make people happy--and I am happy doing it. I love the creativity of event planning, it is amazing to me that the ideas seem endless. Thinking of every detail, thinking about it again, and then making it a reality that brings people together is a passion for me.

This blog will be my way of sharing my passion with you. Perhaps you, too, have found (or will find) joy in making people happy by throwing the perfect party.

I'd love to hear what you think about special events and parties. What delights you? What makes you want to attend an event? Attending is the crucial element between the planning and the happiness!

6 comments:

  1. That is a good question. It sometimes seems elusive or mystical to me--why do I jump at the chance to attend one event and drag my feet to another? Will it be awkward or pleasant? Will I be comfortable? Will it drag on or will I wish it would neve end? What will be expected of me? Who will be there? Those are some of the things I consider. A well-planned event increases my willingness to attend and promises that most of my concerns will be laid to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! can't wait to follow this?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited I can hardly wait to read your posts! I agree with your Mom's comments. I delight in the idea that it will all be planned..that I won't have to "perform" as a guest.

    Andy and I have a friend on Whidbey Island that throws the most amazing parties. We asked ourselves what about her parties make us want to go back. She is detailed (literally has a laminated copy for the guests)...the detail not only is in activites (which might just be beach combing)...but that she includes all ages in that planning. And that when you arrive, its as if she did all of it just for you personally. Its a gift to plan a party. You have that gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo excited to see the parties you post on here. You have the creative eye that a LOT (the majority) of people do not have. GO girl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, Kristine. This is so exciting! Maybe you and i are twinners too?

    www.theproperpinwheel.com

    Love you and can't wait to see what you come up with. I only wish I had an ounce of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete